Thursday, May 26, 2011

Road trip through western USA

As my last hurrah before starting residency, I am headed out on a road trip to some of the western states with a buddy from undergrad, Pat. We are headed to St. Louis tonight (the gateway of the west, appropriately) to stay with a couple friends for a day or two. Then we are headed out to South Dakota (Badlands), Mount Rushmore, Yellowstone, Tetons, and I am finishing in Salt Lake City.

At Salt Lake City I will part ways and fly back to Indy for a long drive out to New Haven. I'll start residency a couple days after that. Pat will continue on alone in his car and head to Tahoe, where he'll stay for a few weeks at a family cabin.

Car is loaded up with camping gear. Got good traveling shoes, two mountain bikes, and some fishing poles. Will post pictures as they come.

No comments: